The countdown is on and you are still trying to come up with some creative ways to make this Valentine’s Day Weekend memorable? Here are some last minute ideas that will have you going from zero-to-HERO in no time flat:
• Thinking Romantic Dinner for two? Signature Gahanna restaurants including the Wine Guy Bistro and Ciao Vino Italian offer an intimate dining experience, special menus and a wide selection of wine and cocktails. (Reservations are filling quickly—so be sure to call ahead.)
• Need a fun FAMILY dining option to celebrate Valentine’s Day with the clan? You can’t go wrong with a delish meal at Cameron Mitchell’s Cap City Diner—winner of the 2013 “Best Fancy Family Dining” award from Columbus Parent Magazine’s Best of Columbus. (Adults can take advantage of Happy Hour from 4-6:30 pm M-F.) Whatever you do, DON’T skip dessert!!
• Need a perfect gift idea? How about some freshly dipped chocolates from locally owned Sher Bliss? Or (talk about unique!) one of their chocolate dipped wine bottles! Koko Tea Salon and Bakery can deliver Cupid’s arrow straight to your Valentine’s heart via their amazing cupcakes, delicious truffles or macarons. (And what lady doesn’t appreciate the fact that the goodies come in a cute bird’s-egg-blue gift box?!) Honey Grove Botanicals is offering some oh-so-adorable “Sweet Valentine Bubble Cakes” and Oats Milk & Honey Valentine Bath Cookies (to leave your sweetie’s skin feeling silky soft). Any gift from Jewels and More will dazzle her with bling! Check out the Pandora Valentine charms and the sale on Vera Bradley!
• Declare your love with seventy-six trombones! Enjoy the Gahanna Community Theatre’s production of Meredith Wilson’s beloved show, The Music Man!
• Bring your sweetie to (or potentially find one at) the Valentine’s 5K Run/Walk Race –a fun event for singles and couples. Runners take off at 9 a.m Saturday (Feb. 15) at Creekside Plaza. There will be overall and age group awards, post race food and beverages and a custom finishers medal for the top 200 finishers (and a tech shirt).
Need a few more ideas, go to VisitGahanna.com or call the Gahanna Convention & Visitors Bureau 614/418-9114. (We LOVE a great love story!)
~Post by Mary Szymkowiak (Communications Manager, Gahanna CVB)