If all those jelly beans, chocolate bunnies and eggs leave you hungry for something a little more filling (and less sweet), then you might to consider dining out this Sunday. Start your day with an Easter brunch or end it with a relaxing dinner. Below are a few great options for your consideration. (Note: reservations are required for all and are filling up quickly … so act fast!)
- Cap City Fine Diner Gahanna. 1301 Stoneridge Dr. Gahanna 43230. 614/478-9999. Brunch Menu: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dinner Menu: beginning at 3 p.m. You can’t beat Cap City’s brunch menu … whether you love Eggs Benedict, Lox and Bagel (with house-cured salmon), a Breakfast Burrito or opt for the Chef’s Feature. Order off the menu and enjoy options like Cap City’s signature Meatloaf, Pecan Crusted Pork Chop or the Tamarind Glazed Chicken Wings. Children’s and gluten-free menus available. Oh, and forego the chocolate eggs for the Seriously Big Chocolate Cake. Three layers will make it well worth it.
- 94th Aero Squadron 5030 Sawyer Rd. Columbus 43219. 614/237-8887. Located next to Port Columbus Airport, 94th Aero Squadron offers a 1917 French Farmhouse setting, full of military memorabilia and aviation relics depicting WWI and WWII eras. Enjoy an Easter buffet featuring a carving station with Roast Beef and Leg of Lamb, as well as variety of Waffles, Seafood, Entrees, Breakfast items, Desserts, Salads and Rolls. Reservations are nearly full. Afternoon seatings only (at time of this post).
- Smith & Wollensky. Easton Town Center. 4145 The Strand West. Columbus 43219. 614/416-2400.12 noon – 8 p.m. Known for its steaks, S&W offers many other outstanding options that shouldn’t be overlooked. In addition to the regular dinner menu, special options will include: Pastrami Salmon Benedict, Steak and Eggs, Benedict Oscar Style, Braised Beef Hash & Poached Eggs, Broiled Cauliflower Steak, Cinnamon French Toast and Special Easter Offerings …Boneless Prime Rib w/ Yorkshire Pudding and Duck Fat Roasted Vegetables.
- Mitchell’s Ocean Club. Easton Town Center. 4002 Easton Station, Columbus 43219. 614/416-2582. Enjoy an upscale setting with inspiring cuisine. Special Easter brunch and dinner options include Quiche Florentine, Crabcake Benedict, Blackened Salmon Salad; Blueberry French Toast, Braised Short Rib Hash. Top it all off with a Blood Orange Mimosa. Regular dinner menu available all day.
- McCormick & Schmick’s. Easton Town Center. 3965 New Bond St, Columbus, OH 43219. 614/476-3663.10 a.m.-4 p.m. Located at Easton Town Center, McCormick & Schmick’s offers a variety of special options in addition to the dinner menu, including: Traditional Eggs Benedict, BBQ Bacon Wrapped Shrimp & Grits, Bananas Foster French Toast, Smoked Salmon Frittata, Signature Bloody Mary, Sparkling Strawberry Mojito and Pomegranate Fizz.
For information about other Gahanna area restaurants, check out www.VisitGahanna.com — website of the Gahanna Ohio Convention & Visitors Bureau, or call 800/424-2662.
~ Post by Mary Szymkowiak, Communications & Tourism Manager, Gahanna Convention & Visitors Bureau