We could sing the praises of Gahanna’s amazing culinary gems all day long, but when the PUBLIC speaks—people listen! So, we are overjoyed that the readers of 614 Magazine have voted many of our Gahanna treasures among the 2014 ColumBEST! Winners were announced just last Thursday and include …
- BEST Diner: Cap City Fine Diner. What makes this place the BEST? Let’s see … Homemade Meatloaf, Pecan Crusted Pork Chops and, well, everything on the menu. Note: save room for a piece of Seriously Big Chocolate Cake.
- BEST Traditional Pizza AND BEST Food Truck: Mikey’s Late Night Slice. This comes as no surprise to us. The “bad boys” of Cbus pizza are a perennial favorite at Gahanna CVB’s annual Creekside Blues & Jazz Festival. Yo, Mikey!
- BEST Barbeque: City BBQ. Bet you can’t walk into City BBQ without your mouth watering. Simply impossible. How do we love thee, City BBQ? Hmmm… brisket, pork, chicken and those ahhhh-mazing sides.
- BEST Retail Bakery: Koko Tea Salon & Bakery. Koko steals the vote again for the second year! Must be the Red Velvet cupcakes. Or the Lavender. Or the macarons. Or …
- BEST Place to Eat at the Bar: Old Bag of Nails. We’re quite sure that voters were thinking of the Gahanna Old Bag of Nails location when they voted. Where else can you overlook Creekside Park and the waterfalls all from a breathtaking patio view?
- BEST Quick Lunch: Piada Italian Street Food. Maybe it’s the control freak in us, but who doesn’t love creating your own designer pasta, salad or Piada sandwich? And on a dime?!
- BEST Shopping Center: Easton Town Center. Easton isn’t just a popular Central Ohio shopping hotspot. USA Today dubbed it the “Rodeo Drive of the Midwest.” Snap!
Check out ALL the winners in 614 Magazine’s ColumBEST contest!
Now, tell us … what’s YOUR fav Gahanna hangout?