It’s Holiday Lights Fever around here!!! We’re just five days (and counting down) from Gahanna, Ohio’s 2014 Holiday Lights Parade & Celebration and everything is lining up to make it look like the BEST Holiday Lights festival EVER! The Sunday, November 23 date was picked to accommodate families and bring the community together in a new way, kicking off six-weeks of holiday fun in Gahanna.
For the first time in our history, the Gahanna Convention & Visitors Bureau (GCVB) is COMBINING two beloved community events—the Holiday Lights Parade AND the Holiday Tree Lighting—into one big family friendly celebration! And the GCVB team has been busier than Santa’s elite elf squad, going over details for this Sunday’s busy schedule of activities.
The streets of Olde Gahanna & the Creekside District will be filled with family activities from 5-8 pm, so you’ll want to chart your adventure. Below are some of our “Must See & Do” recommendations. (Download a complete list of Sunday’s activities at www.GahannaHolidayLights.com)
Sun. November 23
- 3-6 pm Visit the Gahanna Historical Settlement for tours and refreshments.
- 4-6 pm Enjoy a free viewing of “Elf” at Infinite Church. Sip a latte or espresso (Creekside Plaza)
- 4-6:30 pm Create “Make-and-Take” crafts at Art Garden Studios (98 Granville St.)
- 5-8 pm Enjoy horse drawn carriage rides along Mill St.; savor hot beverages at the Creekside Conference & Event Center Open House; get your face painted at the Ohio Herb Center; Listen to carolers and decorate a cookie with the Young Chef’s Academy staff.
- 5-8 pm Visit “Reindeer Row” (Town St.) to see live reindeer, play arcade/video games, see a Calliope (and other floats) and visit food vendors.
- 6 pm The magical Holiday Lights parade steps off at Shull & Granville Streets (heading west), then makes its way north on Mill St., east on Walnut St. and south on High St. (Look for Grand Marshal Wil Trapp, of the Columbus Crew! (He’ll also be signing autographs at Ciao Vino following the parade and tree lighting.)
- 6:30-6:45 pm See Santa arrive via firetruck (near the end of the parade). He will exit the parade route in front of Creekside Plaza (117 Mill St.) to lead the Community Tree Lighting. Afterwards, he will join costumed characters for a ‘Holiday Character Meet and Greet’ for kids of all ages.)
- Many Gahanna businesses will remain open Sunday, offering event specials! Come early (or stay late) for supper or some Holiday cheer, or make a point to start your holiday shopping!
We’ll share some last-minute parade tips on this blog later this week, so stop back. Meanwhile, check out www.VisitGahanna.com for details or call 614/418-9114 with questions. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook (www.Facebook.com/VisitGahanna) for special announcements!
See ya Sunday!