Suddenly, we flipped the calendar and it’s 2015! For the Gahanna OH Convention & Visitors Bureau (also recognized as “Visit Gahanna” to our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest followers), this means exciting things are on the horizon.
The GCVB staff and Board are proud of the many successes we were able to achieve in 2014, including the launch of the new VisitGahanna.com website, publication of an award-winning Gahanna Ohio Visitors Guide, reinvigoration of Gahanna’s presence within the group tour market and recruitment of multiple new tourism partners.
In addition to these destination marketing accomplishments, we programmed and achieved record-setting attendance at the 2014 Creekside Blues & Jazz Festival–implementing an award-winning social media campaign for the Festival and engaging hundreds of new and devoted CBJF “Super Fans.” We successfully introduced a new approach to the popular Holiday Lights Celebration programming that included a new parade route, unprecedented business and civic involvement and incorporated a tree lighting ceremony.
And it’s just going to get better this year. The CVB Staff and Board are eagerly looking forward to introducing initiatives in 2015 and expanding upon the organization’s 2014 accomplishments. Some of the plans for the new year include:
- The launch of a new marketing campaign around the CVB’s “Herbal Trail,” introducing new offerings for visitors and new business/ attraction partners;
- An expanded role and presence at the City’s popular Herb Day Celebration (May 9), with an experiential focus on the “Herbal Trail” and its partners;
- Expanding marketing efforts (and incentives) for group tours, weddings and meetings that choose Gahanna;
- Participation in the Ohio Tourism Leadership Academy, presented by the Ohio Travel Association;
- Hosting Certified Tourism Ambassador classes in Gahanna through our partnership with Experience Columbus;
- Introduction of a brand new website for the Creekside Blues & Jazz Festival (to be launched in April 2015), which will include detailed imagery, audio and bio information on the artists performing at the event, further engaging the Festival’s devoted fans through interactive and social media applications, and offer pre-event ticketing opportunities;
- New and expanded offerings during the 2015 Creekside Blues & Jazz Festival (June 19-21), including new reserved seating areas, a new hospitality area, and expanded bourbon tastings throughout the weekend;
- Programming and presenting the Holiday Lights Parade & Celebration, which will officially kick off the holiday season in Gahanna on Sunday, November 22, 2015.
And that’s just the beginning. With a new marketing plan in place and strong partnerships within the community, city and state, we’re excited to welcome 2015 and promote Gahanna as a great visitor destination.
* * * * * * * *
~Post by Laurie Jadwin, Executive Director of the Gahanna Ohio Convention & Visitors Bureau