This weekend (June 19-21) marks the 17th anniversary of Gahanna’s popular Creekside Blues & Jazz Festival (#2015CBJF). With 55 bands performing and wristbands starting at just $5 per person … it is, hands-down, one of the BEST and most affordable events of its kind in Ohio—if not the Midwest.
Presented by the Gahanna OH Convention & Visitors Bureau, CBJF draws crowds of 35,000 over 3-days and offers 5 stages of live music, a Family Fun Zone with free kids entertainment and activities, amusement rides (separate wristband purchase required), 60+ food and retail vendors and more.
The event offers some exciting new additions this year, including:
• Online Weekend Wristbands. $13 online (advance-purchase only). These will NOT be available on the Festival grounds. Still wondering if that’s a good value? That’s about .23 cents per band. We can’t imagine a cheaper cover charge. Anywhere. Buy online NOW and save!
• Club Blues, “All That Jazz” and Hospitality Packages. Reserve a seat or table near your favorite stage and enjoy direct views of your favorite performers, festival admission, snacks and beverage tokens, VIP parking and shuttle access, swag bags and more. Why is this a big deal? Check out the list of performers. Big names can mean Standing Room Only. And who wants to stand all night? (Unless you’re dancing)!
• That’s right … BIG Names. There’s just too little space here to list all of the amazing artists set to perform at #2015CBJF. So we’ll just drop a few names. How about Mud Morganfield, oldest son of the great Muddy Waters (performing at 7:30 pm Sat, June 20 on the Blues Stage, presented by Benchmark Bank Gahanna OH and Scioto Downs Racino)? Or international favorite jazz and blues band, Davina and the Vagabonds (performing at 4 pm Sunday on the Jazz Stage, presented by Heartland Bank)? Check out the line-up and chart your musical itinerary.
• Outdoor Adventures with Field & Stream. Experience the wonders of the great outdoors with canoeing and fishing activities presented by experts from Field & Stream. See the latest camping and fishing equipment in action, along Big Walnut Creek! (Creekside Park waterfall, behind the Acoustic Alley Stage.) Sat, June 20: 12 p.m. to dark. Sun, June 21: 12-6 pm.
• Amusement Ride PREVIEW Night! 5-10 pm Thur, June 18. Get an early start on the fun by purchasing a $13 discounted ride-all-night wristband in the Festival’s amusement area. (Note: The rest of the Festival will NOT be open Thursday evening.)
• NEW Little Kids Zone. Even the smallest festival fans can “get a jump” on the fun with inflatables, hamster balls and more! Saturday: 12 pm- dark. Sunday: 12-6 pm. Admission: “Jump ‘Til You Drop” Wristbands: $8/each, or 2/$15, 3/$20.
• SUPERFANS: Several lucky fans will snag free weekend wristbands and T-shirts just by using the #2015CBJF hashtag on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Random #2015CBJF SuperFans will be identified and contacted daily through the Festival weekend.
• Beverage Tastings. Sample a new cocktail or savor your favorite beverage!
o On Fri, June 19, meet the owners of Watershed Distillery and sample 4 new cocktails created especially for the CBJF (and inspired by Gahanna’s “Herb Capital of Ohio” Status), including a Bluesberry Basil Lemonade. Seatings are every 45 minutes, beginning at 6 p.m. 4 Samples – $15/person
• Certified Spirits Specialist “Whiskey Pete” returns on Sat, June 20, to entertain and educate participants while discussing the evolution of whiskey-making. Sample a flight of 3 whiskeys or bourbons for $12, or 5 /$15. Tastings begin at 2 p.m. and are scheduled every 30 minutes.
• Explore the world of local craft beers on Saturday, June 20, while sampling offerings with expert brewers from the Columbus Brewing Co., Four String, New Belgium, and Sweetwater. Hour-long tastings begin at 2 p.m. 6 samples/$12.
• Drink Local Sunday. On Sun. June 21 treat Dad to a “Drink Local” tasting, with samplings of local craft brews or vintage wines produced by Gahanna’s own Wyandotte Winery. Seatings begin at 12:30 p.m. and are scheduled every 45 minutes.