We’re just hours away from Gahanna, Ohio’s largest event: the Creekside Blues & Jazz Festival (#2015CBJF). With 5 stages, 55 bands, a Family Fun Zone, Amusement rides, 60+ food/retail vendors and ALL the good stuff that an event this size brings. Here are some quick-and-dirty FAST FACTS to help you get the most out of the event. For more info, visit: www.CreeksideBluesandJazz.com
• Event: 17th Annual Creekside Blues & Jazz Festival
• Event happens on RAIN OR SHINE!
• Dates: Fri-Sun, June 19-21
• Times: Friday, 5-11 pm
Saturday 11 am-11 pm
Sunday (Father’s Day) 12-6pm
• Location: Creekside Plaza & Olde Gahanna
• Admission: $5 per person (with the exception of 5-11 pm Saturday when admission is $8/pp)
• Weekend passes: $13 (available online ONLY )
• Children under 12 and military personnel (and their immediate families) are free
• FREE admission on Sunday, 11:30 am-12:30 pm with donation of non-perishable food donations for Mid-Ohio Food Bank
• Parking: FREE Park and Ride. Complimentary parking & shuttle service is available in 4 Gahanna locations:
o Giant Eagle (1250 N. Hamilton Road)
o Gahanna Lincoln High School (140 S. Hamilton Road)
o 101 S. Stygler Road (corner of Rte. 62 and Stygler Road)
o Gahanna Lincoln High School Clark Hall, 300 Granville Street.
o Handicap-accessible shuttles will be (in the Clark Hall parking lot, 380 Granville Street.)
• Stages include the Electric Blues Stage (presented by Benchmark Bank and Scioto Downs); The Jazz Stage (presented by Heartland Bank); The Creekside Community Stage (presented by Mount Carmel Health); Acoustic Alley (presented by Lew Griffin Insurance and Grange Insurance); and the Musical Discovery Zone Stage (part of the Giant Eagle Family Fun Zone.) The full line-up AND a downloadable schedule can be found on the Festival website.
• Be a VIP. Avoid the lines and standing-room-only crowds. Take advantage of a VIP package to make the most of your #2015CBJF experience. Options include reserved seating in Club Blues (adjacent to the Electric Blues Stage), reserved seating in the NEW All That Jazz Club (adjacent to the Jazz Stage), or a pass to the Festival’s NEW Hospitality Center. All packages can be reserved online at www.CreeksideBluesandJazz.com or by calling 614/418-9114. And all packages include VIP parking, VIP shuttle and admission.
• SUPERFANS: Several lucky fans will snag free weekend wristbands and T-shirts just by using the #2015CBJF hashtag on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Random #2015CBJF SuperFans will be identified daily through the Festival weekend.
• NEW TASTINGS: Stop by the Festival’s “Tasting experiences” on Creekside Plaza to sample a new cocktail or savor your favorite beverage!
• On Friday, June 19, meet the owners of Watershed Distillery. Sample 4 new cocktails created especially for #2015CBJF. Seatings are every 45 minutes, starting at 6 p.m. 4 Samples – $15/person
• Certified Spirits Specialist “Whiskey Pete” returns to the Festival on Saturday, June 20. Sample a flight of 3 whiskeys or bourbons for $12, or a flight of 5 /$15. Tastings begin at 2 p.m. and are scheduled every half hour.
• Explore the world of local craft beers on Saturday, June 20, while sampling offerings with expert brewers from the Columbus Brewing Co., Four String, New Belgium, and Sweetwater. Hour-long tastings begin at 2 p.m. 6 samples/$12.
• On Sunday, June 21, treat Dad to a “Drink Local” tasting, with samplings of wines from Gahanna’s own Wyandotte Winery. Seatings begin at 12:30 p.m. and run every 45 minutes.
• NEW Little Kids Zone. Even the smallest festival fans can “get a jump” on the fun with inflatables and more! NEW LOCATION: Parking lot behind Tenza Eye Associates (78 Mill St. Gahanna). (NOTE: this activity may be cancelled in case of inclement weather. Visit the Creekside Blues Facebook page for updates or call 614.418-9114). Tenative hours of operation: Saturday: 12 p.m. to dark Sunday: 12-6 pm Admission: “Jump ‘Til You Drop” Wristbands: $8/each, or 2/$15, 3/$20
To Learn more, visit: www.CreeksideBluesandJazz.com