If Mama ain’t happy …. well, you get the picture. In an effort to help you make sure Mom is happy this Mother’s Day, we’ve gathered up a few great ideas for Gahanna and Columbus, Ohio area treats, eats and gifts to make sure she feels special.
Mom’s Day Out.
- Gahanna’s big Herb Day celebration is Saturday, May 7—which means plenty of gift ideas for Mom! Treat her to a day out by visiting the giant plant sale (to pick out pretties for her garden), shopping the vendors and enjoying great speakers and a cooking demo. Then treat her to lunch at one of a dozen Creekside District restaurants. Be sure to stop in the Ohio Herb Center to shop their great gift selection!
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. Moms get in free (w/ paid admission for a child or grandchild) on Sunday, May 8 at the #1 Zoo in the nation! Here’s your chance to see Nora, the new baby polar bear, who will be in the habitat at 9:30 am for an hour.
- Franklin Park Conservatory. There are so many cool things to take in at this Central Ohio attraction this weekend! Mom can enjoy a Butterfly Release at 10 am Saturday, May 7, where she can release a newly emerged butterfly. Watch it take flight into the Pacific Island Water Garden. Quantities are limited. $5 per butterfly. Also on Saturday, 11 am-2 pm, kids can decorate a flower pot for Mom and then enjoy entertainment by a Columbus Symphony Ensemble. Mother’s Day Sunday (May 8) brings a performance by barbershop quartet, the Music Men of London!
- Gahanna’s newest treat shop, Mrs. Turbo’s Cookies, has LOTS of yummy gift options for mom. Cookie and brownie trays start at $30, or try a Brookie Cake or Dark Chocolate Cake. (Oh My!) Order in advance.
- Amish Country Essentials, a new bath and body boutique at Creekside Gahanna, specializes in all natural and handmade skin care products made by an Amish family for generations. Stop in and create a gift basket for Mom or pick up a gift card.
- Nothing Bundt Cakes Gahanna offers beautiful and delicious treats that will delight Mom. (Hello, Bundtinis.) We recommend ordering online in advance.
- 94th Aero Squadron, located between the runways of the Port Columbus Airport, offers a dramatic view of the arriving and departing air traffic. Mom will be impressed with the variety of items in the Mother’s Day Buffet Brunch, as well as the ambiance of an old country 1917 French Farmhouse full of military memorabilia and aviation relics depicting the times of the WWI and WWII era.
- The Barn at Rocky Fork Creek. There is NO better brunch than the buffet at The Barn at Rocky Fork Creek, but word is out and reservations are hard to get. Can’t get in? No worries. Instead, take Mom to visit The Barn on Saturday, May 7 (2-6:30 pm) for the Kentucky Derby Celebration. Sit in the terrace or The Bourbon Lounge before or during the race and celebrate with happy hour menu pricing, a signature mint julep, a specialty cocktail or sip one of America’s top 100 whiskies and delectable bourbon balls specially created for this occasion. Ladies, wear your best Derby hat and watch the race in style!
- Rusty Bucket Gahanna Treat Mom to some great casual dining at Rusty Bucket Gahanna and she’ll receive a complimentary Cheryl’s Cookie to take home!