It’s hot, hot, hot! But at the Visit Gahanna office (Gahanna Convention & Visitors Bureau), we’re thinking winter … when the air is cooler, visitors are bundled up and sipping hot chocolate, and Santa is on his way!
The Visit Gahanna team, along with the Holiday Lights Planning Committee, is immersed in preparations for the upcoming holidays. As we plan and program this year’s Holiday Lights Celebration, one thing is vital for the success of the event… YOUR participation!
Presented by Visit Gahanna, the Holiday Lights Celebration – Gahanna’s beloved annual holiday kickoff – will be held from 2-7 pm on Sunday, November 20. Like magic, the city’s Creekside District becomes illuminated with thousands of tiny lights and visitors taking part in activities that include a live reindeer petting zoo, horse-drawn carriage rides, crafts, games, bands and a host of dazzling surprises. The appearance of Santa signals the countdown to the lighting of Gahanna’s community tree. The Holiday Lights Celebration attracts 10,000+ people to Gahanna each year, and the event has become an annual family tradition for thousands of Central Ohio residents and visitors.
And this is just the beginning of the holiday season in Gahanna! Other fun Holiday Lights events include …
- Mount Carmel Health Santa 5K Run and Lil’ Reindeer Dash, Sat., Dec. 3 (8-11:30 am) Creekside District
- Holiday Character Breakfast, Sat., Dec. 10 (8 am-12 pm) CenterPoint Church
Planning these awesome community events (and hosting a holiday party for thousands!) isn’t possible without sponsor and volunteer support. By getting involved, you’ll become a part of a treasured community tradition (and you’ll deepen your own sense of happiness and philanthropy). It isn’t a question of investing large donations of time and money. We all tend to think, “Go big or go home.” But that’s not true. Even investing small increments of time and sponsorship funding can make a significant impact on our community.
Here’s how you can help:
- Become a Sponsor! This is the perfect event to create a community partnership for your business that will generate visibility for your brand AND show your support to Gahanna residents and visitors.
- Volunteer. Whether you are helping with set-up, greeting attendees, or providing visitor information, you’ll have fun meeting new people and supporting your community.
- Start a New Holiday Tradition by Volunteering as a Family. Planting the seeds of volunteerism in the youngest of individuals creates a lifelong mission of purpose and service that is vital to every community, and it provides great personal satisfaction, too!
- Become a Retail Vendor. Booth space is available at the Holiday Lights Celebration to show-off your creative side and market your retail products to visitors. (Vendors must complete and submit a vendor Application—available at VisitGahanna.com by August 31. Spaces are limited.)
- Involve Your Church or Favorite Non-Profit Organization. Sign up for a booth, involve your members, and offer a fun family-centered activity where you can interact with attendees and create awareness for your mission. (Must complete and submit a Vendor Application.)
- Provide Holiday Music and Entertainment. Are you part of a performance group that sings, dances or entertainment? Share your talents and help us to create a warm holiday spirit for everyone! (To inquire about participating, send an email to email@example.com, with the subject line: Holiday Lights Entertainment)
Now is the time for you to feel “cool” by making a positive impact on your neighborhood and community. Visit Gahanna recognizes that every individual and every business has different approaches of investing in this memorable holiday event. Contact Susan Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Visit Gahanna office (614/418-9114) to find out more information about the many options and opportunities for you to be a part of the Holiday Lights Celebration!
~Post by Susan Peters, Business & Events Manager at the Gahanna Convention & Visitors Bureau.
The Gahanna Convention & Visitors Bureau’s (GCVB) mission is to promote Gahanna as a vibrant destination. The GCVB also plans and programs signature events including the annual Creekside Blues & Jazz Festival (June) and the Holiday Lights Celebration (November-December). These family-friendly Gahanna events earn significant media attention in print, radio, television, and on-line social media impressions, create awareness so that these events continue to grow in both popularity and national awareness creating additional valued benefits to our partners, sponsors, and community. To learn more, call 614/418-9114.